Skip to content

Online Forms

Below is a list of CISS forms that can now be completed online. For any online forms not yet available, please contact CISS directly to complete the requirements.

Note: If you have already started a specific online form, do not start a new one. Please go to your User Home Page to continue working on your online form.
New Student/Scholar Processes
Immigration Documentation: Scholars All international short-term scholars to a degree program must provide additional academic, English proficiency, and financial documentation for consideration. Scholars may be self-funded.
Immigration Documentation: Students All international applicants to a degree program must provide additional academic, English proficiency, and financial documentation for admission consideration. Students enrolled at another school in the U.S. must also provide information about current F-1/J-1 status.
Pre-Arrival Guide/Orientation This required information will help you prepare for your trip to the U.S., inform you on what must done prior to arrival, as well as instruct you on how to obtain a student visa.
Immigration Requests
Annual Vacation Request This form must be completed in advance of taking an authorized annual vacation. This is only eligible for graduate students.
Change of Financial Support If your sponsor changes while you are studying at CUC, you must submit a new Declaration of Finances (DECF) to update your I-20 to reflect your new sponsor's information. This is especially important if you plan to renew your visa! Contact CISS
Dependent Request If you plan to bring your spouse and/or children with you to CUC.
DS-2019 Reprint If you lost or damaged your current DS-2019, you can request a new DS-2019.
F-1 Reinstatement Request If your F-1 status has been terminated for failure to maintain proper F-1 status, you must must apply for reinstatement to regain your status.
F-1 Transfer Out If you plan to transfer from CU Chicago to another US school, you must complete this process to notify the Center for International Student Services (CISS) of your intent to transfer. Upon submission of this request, we will update your SEVIS record, thereby giving the new school access to your record.
I-20 Reprint If you lost or damaged your current I-20, you can request a new I-20.
Leave of Absence As an international student, if you decide to take a temporary absence from the U.S., withdraw from your program, or have been suspended you must contact CISS to discuss your immediate plans and any plans you may have to return. Please note: this form is only regarding your immigration status. You must also speak with your advisor to complete any official university paperwork.
Letter Request If you need to request an invitation letter, letter for Social Security Office, DMV, State ID, Bank, etc., please submit the request.
Program Extension A student who will not complete their academic program by the program end date stated on the I-20 must apply for an extension before the program end date. Please note that only medical or academic are acceptable reasons per immigration regulations
Reduced Course Load Immigration regulations require international students in F-1 status to register for and complete a full course load (12 units) in each fall and spring semester. A student who wishes to drop below a full course load must obtain the approval from CISS in advance. An F-1 student who drops below 12 units without prior approval from the CISS will lose lawful F-1 status.
Travel Request Before you leave for a trip abroad, make sure you have a valid, signed Form I-20/DS-2019
Employment Requests
Academic Training J-1 students requesting advance off-campus work authorization for employment training or practical experience, related to their field of study.
Curricular Practical Training (CPT) F-1 students requesting off-campus work authorization, related to their program of study, prior to graduation. Note: CPT cannot be backdated if submitted late to CISS.
Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 students requesting work authorization for up to one year, related to their program of study, after program completion. Note: should be submitted at least 3 months prior to program completion.
OPT Employment Update While on OPT, you are required to report all employer details to CISS at least 1 week in advance of starting or changing employment.
STEM OPT Extension F-1 students on OPT after earning a bachelor, master, or doctoral degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (government approved STEM fields) can apply for 24 months of additional OPT if they have a job or job offer from an E-Verify employer and meet all other required criteria.
Report STEM OPT Participation While on STEM OPT extension, you must submit a "Validation Report" every 6 months starting from the date the OPT extension begins and ending when your F-1 status or the extension ends, whichever is first.